Tuesday 20 March 2012

What I am currently Using for Day to Day Planning

I wanted to start off my first post with a little snap shot of what I am currently using on a day to day basis. I have been addicted to planners and diaries for over 20 yrs and I have tried every type on the planet. I have to admit I have bought to many, and apologies to my beautiful wife for putting up with my OCD about planners.

I found after yrs of trying the the perfect planner does not exist, but I am giving it a good go to try and find the perfect solution that works for me. Below is a current sample combination that I am using at the moment. It suits my needs in the following ways. For daily planning and note taking for my job, I use a beautiful Leather Daily planner which I bought while on a recent trip to South Africa. It has the perfect combination of Monthly views, Weekly planning and big Daily pages for lots of note taking. I will break down each section with a little picture and and brief description. I also use an Old leather pocket diary cover , which houses my Pocket Week to View Diary from gilt Edged. Its a Senator Diary Refill.

Above on the left is the Old Leather Diary Pocket, It is made from the best Leather I have ever had the pleasure to hold. It requires some Leather nourishment treatment from time to time. Soft and the leather smell is amazing. This pocket gem is with me everywhere I go, it has all my quick notes in it. A great and simple to see the week ahead.  more on the Pens I use in this little gem later. Above on the right is my main work Diary, It is A5 in size, leather and again is a pleasure to use.

Below is a few shots of the Daily planners pages and the types of layouts it offers. This is the Quick monthly View, allowing you to put in some quick notes for the coming month. across from the monthly view is a budget planner, again a quick reference point for major expenses, ie..bills due and the like. The paper is White, acid free, about 90 gs. There is no shine of the paper, and it takes well to my beautiful Zebra SARASA 0.7 gel pen. No bleed through, and the ink dries very quickly.




Next and below is the Daily page view, it has lots of space for notes and top priority bars for important notes for the day ahead. it shows a 3 month quick shot of the calendar, also as it is a Christian Diary every page has a few scripture versus. this for me makes each day a pleasure to read. Time slots are in half hr slots, and completion marks are on the left, very useful.


Below is the yr planner layout, just enough space to write in some notes, I mainly use this section with abbreviations, as it saves space and is easier to read.


At the beginning of each month there is a paragraph wit some encouraging words. see below.


Next is my Little Pocket wonder. I have had this Diary Cover since 2000 and have loved it ever since. It has sooo many air-miles on it. Did i mention the quality of the leather..!! lol Inside the fron cover is space for 4 credit cards, and a full length pocket at the back.


I currently have this filled with my Favourite pocket refill from Gilt Edged Diaries, the paper is top class, Smooth and able to take the gel from my fav pen with no bleed through or smudges.

Below is the Week to View layout, it has ample amount of lines to let you put in the key notes that I require on a day to day basis. The diary is Spiro bound, this allows me to write to the edge of each page. It also has tear off tabs for quick location of the current page.


at the back I have also added in an additional Notes insert, 16 pages in total, this allows me to change it over to the next pocket diary in 2013. Again the quality of the paper is amazing. see below.


There is also the beautiful maps and information sections that are included in this little wonder. See a few pics below.






Well I hope you enjoy reading this little blog, and I am looking forward to my next blog about my other Desk Sized Gilt Edged Diary/Planner. Leather bound of course. Many thks Paul.

If you like pls subscribe or join.

Have a great Day , all the best from Ireland. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.


    Leather Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felcy, ty for your comment. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete